Social MediaSelf-expression has become the new entertainment. And the new marketing machine!
Social media can be anything from collaborative projects, blogs and micro blogs, content communities, social networking sites, virtual game worlds and virtual social worlds.
Social media services focus on some or all of seven functional building blocks (identity, conversations, sharing, presence, relationships, reputation, and groups). These building blocks help understand the engagement needs of the social media audience. For instance, LinkedIn users care mostly about identity, reputation and relationships; whereas YouTube’s primary building blocks are sharing, conversations, groups and reputation.
Why Social Media?
- Enables you to engage with your customers and prospects more closely.
- Leverages the message of the brand through people having conversations, and conversations that can be shared.
- Provides the ability to market globally.
- Positions you and your business as experts and thought leaders within your field.
Promoting your business on major social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube can be done through paid advertisements or by publishing (or ‘posting’) content and letting it spread organically.
- Increased sales
- Improved brand recognition
- Global reach
Have a Plan! Yep, even for social media endeavours
So before leaping in you should:
- Create a strategy
- Determine which social network speaks directly to your target market and setup there
- Set goals and determine tactics to effectively communicate and build relationships
- Put resources in place to ensure that you are equipped to start and maintain the journey
- Be patient and persist
Send the message. Ask the question. Start the conversation. Do the thing.
ISN’T IT TIME?